Uncategorized

New Year’s resolution: finish the quilt.

I had quite a few squares made but not enough. I joined two rows together after learning how to square them all off. The Omni grid square is a lifesaver!!

Finally, all together. Then I realized that I had made quite a large quilt and wondered how I was going to get it through the machine.

I spent, ahem, quite a few hours pinning. It turned out to be worth it.

An organic sheet from Target made for a very good and quick backing. And then I still spent a lot of time embroidering a running stitch around the squares. I used the Amish method of using the back to bind the front again saving enough time to finish it. So glad to finally have something useful and not little pieces piled up.

Advertisements
Standard

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s